The Kavaliro team had a wonderful time last Thursday at the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO) Slingshot FastPitch at Church Street Exchange in downtown Orlando! The YPO is an international nonprofit organization, which connects 22,000 business leaders in more than 125 countries around a shared mission: Better Leaders Through Education and Idea Exchange.
The event brought together ten finalist companies all tech start-ups, to pitch their vision in three minutes, followed by five minutes of Q&A by attending YPO members. Kavaliro’s President Mark Moore presented awards to the top three companies, chosen by YPO members at the end of the night. Check out the finalists below:
- AssistRx is a web-based application that streamlines the processes related to prescribing, distributing and administering specialty medications
- AZZLY is a web-based application that integrates multiple healthcare software solutions into one—everything from check-in to check-out, including billing, claims and collections
- CareSpotter guides families through the unfamiliar caregiver hiring and management process by connecting them with experienced, vetted caregivers, while offering the protections and benefits of an agency
- EASE (Electronic Access to Surgical Events) is a free medical messaging app that updates the status of patients undergoing procedures via texts, photos and videos
- Edu(k)ate uses gamification tools to connect retirement plan participants with online personal financial education, while collecting useful data for employers
- Fattmerchant is a subscription-based credit card processing company that offers the hardware and processing charges at cost to businesses and charges a flat monthly fee with no contract
- HybdridaSol is utilizing a proprietary printing process to create large, thin, flexible and inexpensive thermoelectric devices that can generate electricity from heat or heat from electricity
- ICLOAK is a portable anonymity tool that enables users to browse anonymously and securely from any machine, anywhere
- Rapido is a platform for vetted home service providers (HVAC, plumbers, electricians, etc.) to post available times they are open for home service calls
- SightPlan a software solution providing a modern approach to resident and service management for the multifamily real estate industry
“It was really cool to see my hometown supporting the growing Central Florida the community, but even more amazing that Kavaliro is part of the force leading the way,” said Kelly Babb, Resource Manager. Kavaliro sponsored the event with companies such as Starter Studio, Host Dime, Ka+Sa, Vestal & Wiler and Canvs.
Kavaliro felt the energy in the room and that the event was the start of something bigger. The tech industry has finally made its way to Orlando and this occurrence gave start-ups the opportunity to be heard by some of the big players in the industry.
“As a premier IT staffing company, we were there to show our support for the Tech industry and for Orlando. If we set our sights on, and want to take similar paths to Silicon Valley or Austin, Texas, we all have to play our part in the ecosystem and believe in the process,” said Kaity Ostrowsky, Account Manager.
AssistRX was the big winner of the night, taking home $10,000! Also, be sure to check out Orlando Tech for additional coverage from the great event.
Kavaliro Employment Agency has offices in Tampa, Fla., Charlotte, N.C., Orlando, Fla., Washington, D.C., and Jacksonville, Fla. and can make sure you find the right people for this important role. We are ready and waiting to help you anytime and look forward to hearing from you.