New Year’s resolutions don't just have to be for your personal life. Aiming to improve an aspect of your work life or fixing a bad work habit can help you start the New Year on the right foot. Maintaining professional goals can reinvigorate your attitude toward work, the same way resolutions spur a fitness regimen or a bucket list.
The team at Kavaliro participated in 12 Days of Workmas – a social media initiative aimed to provide helpful tips and advice to prepare for the next year during the holiday stretch. We received some great responses and want to share them all so that you can ensure 2014 is a productive, enjoyable year. Here are some of the highlights of what Team Kavaliro had to say:
- “Utilizing the down time to get familiar with the new technology and new market trends in your current industry is impactful. A lot of times during the roar of the busy season, it is very tough to get the time to educate yourself with market trends when you’re ‘filling and billing.’” – Louis Douglas, Resource Manager
- “As the year draws to an end, make sure to plan for the next. Keep thinking of how you make the New Year better than the last!” - Josh Ridgeway, Senior Resource Manager
- “Work in power hours and then then take a 10 minute break. Go outside, get up and move away from your desk. Give your bran a rest and give your body some to stretch, it can make the difference and get you refocused when you come back to your computer.” – Ryley Fitzsimmons, Resource Manager
- “The holiday season is the perfect time to send messages to those clients or partners that I haven’t heard from in a while. A Happy New Year’s message is even better because it will be on the top of their inbox when they return from their holiday vacation.” – Stephanie Bruha, Operations Manager
- “December is historically a slower month, but January can be the busiest month of the year! Have a plan for the rush ahead.” – Bill Peppler, Managing Partner
- "End the day by planning for the following day. This way you can make sure to tackle all that’s on your hectic to-do list.” – David Gilcher, Lead Resource Manager
It is important we try to better ourselves for the New Year, not just when it comes to our waistlines or our bank accounts, but most importantly to become better at what we do for a living. Before the year gets too far underway, take time to step back and consider these insightful suggestions. Why sit at the same desk you did last year with the same, tired routine? Start the year with improvements and reap the benefits for the rest of 2014!
Kavaliro Employment Agency has offices in Tampa, Fla., Charlotte, N.C., Orlando, Fla., Washington, D.C., and Jacksonville, Fla. and can make sure you find the right people for this important role. We are ready and waiting to help you anytime and look forward to hearing from you.